200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training Curriculum
Curriculum is an important blueprint of any yoga teacher training course. And as we know yoga is not an easy subject to fully grasp it in one month period .it is far deeper than physical postres.Our yoga teacher training curriculum is according to standers set by yoga alliance USA. Our course curriculum is progressive in nature starts with basic required practices to more advance practices of yoga. It is divided in four modules. Module covers theoretical and practical session.
Part One – Theoretical: – Theoretical portion of yoga teacher training will cover various topic related to yoga and its practices. Our aim with this is to provide a comprehensive knowledge of yoga to our valued yoga participants.
(1) Philosophy:-[read more=”Click here to Read More” less=”Read Less”]Yoga is a practical science to unwind our spiritual energies. Without the proper support of yogic philosophy, it’s merely a physical exercise to satisfy our physical needs.During this 200 hours teacher training course in Rishikesh India, Participants will study following topics.
- History and philosophy of yoga
- Meaning, definitions of yoga as per various ancient scriptures goal and objectives of yoga, various branches of yoga, etc.
- A brief discussion on various Indian yogis and their role in spreading the message of yoga to a western world such as Swami Vivekananda, Swami Sivananda, Swami Satchidananda.
- An introduction of Patanjali yoga sutra and hatha yoga pradepika:- These are two ancient scriptures and authentic source of yoga. During this course participant will study it covering following topics in an interactive way.
- Students will be introduced about the concept of Chitta virtu nirodha from Patanjali yoga sutra.
- How to control restlessness of mind
- Concept and qualities of asana as per Patanjali yoga sutra,
- What are various barriers in the path of yoga and how to overcome with them,
- Concept of ashtanga yoga.
- What is hatha yoga and its importance in modern life?[/read]
(2) Yogic anatomy (subtle energies.):[read more=”Click here to Read More” less=”Read Less”]The yoga perspective of anatomy is quite different from that of western anatomy. In the process of self-exploration, the ancient yogis described in detail a system of energetic being Yoga anatomy covers to follow:
(3) An introduction of Ayurveda and its association with yoga[read more=”Click here to Read More” less=”Read Less”]
- Meaning and purpose of Ayurveda.
- Pancha Mahabhuta Theory (Five Elements theory)
- Tri -dosha theory (Three Body Humors theory)
- Sapta – dhatu theory (Seven Body Tissues theory[/read]
(4) Teaching Methodology[read more=”Click here to Read More” less=”Read Less”]
- How to teach and practice yoga and what are basic skills required for teaching yoga,
- Teaching techniques and teaching methodology etc.[/read]
(5) Anatomy and Physiology[read more=”Click here to Read More” less=”Read Less”]Asanas working on the Systems
- Nervous System.
- Excretory System.
- Anatomy of the Respiratory Muscles.
- Mechanism of Respiration.
- Anatomy and Physiology of Pranayama.[/read]
Part Two – Practical:
(1) ASANA:- In this practical session yoga participates will study in detail about various hatha yoga postures ranges from elementary level to advance level. And how to modify, adjust and align various poses as per the need of individuals to gain the maximum benefits of practice.
Proper use of Sanskrit names of asana, detail explanation of asana to understand their physical, psychological and spiritual benefits as well as their Contraindications for effective practice.
Study Sun-salutations and its variations
LIST OF ASANA
(1) MEDITATIVE ASANA[read more=”Click here to Read More” less=”Read Less”]
- Sukhasana (comfortable crossed leg position)
- Siddhasana (The accomplished pose)
- Vajrasana (sitting on the heels pose)
- Ardha padmasana (half lotus pose)
- Padmasana (lotus pose)[/read]
(2) RELAXATATION ASANA[read more=”Click here to Read More” less=”Read Less”]
- Shavasana (Corpse pose)
- Makarasana (Crocodile pose)[/read]
(3) CULTURAL ASANA SUPINE[read more=”Click here to Read More” less=”Read Less”]
- Setu bandasana (bridge pose)
- Simplified Matsyasana (fish pose )
- Matsyasana (fish pose )
- Jathara parivartanasan (Supported spinal twist) and its variations
- Halasana (plow pose )
(4) PRONE LINE POSE[read more=”Click here to Read More” less=”Read Less”]
- Bhujangasana (cobra Pose )
- Sarpasana(snake pose)
- Shalabhasana (locust pose half and full)
- Dhanurasana (bow pose)
- Chaturangasana ( four limbed stuff pose)
- Urdhva mukha Svanasana (Upward facing dog)[/read]
(5) SITTING[read more=”Click here to Read More” less=”Read Less”]
- Parivrtta Janushirasana
- Ek pada rajkapotasana (
pigeon pose )
- Marichyasana one
- Hanumanasana (Monkey pose )
- Ustraasana (Camel pose)
- Marjaryasana(cat pose )
- Balasana (Child pose )
- Shimasana (lion pose)
- Gomukhasana (cow face pose)
- Ardha Matsyendrasana
- Nokasana(boat pose)[/read]
(6) STANDING[read more=”Click here to Read More” less=”Read Less”]
- Triyak tadasana
- Ardha uttanasana
- Utkatasana chair pose
- Trikonasana (triangle pose)
- Parivarti Trikonasana
- Parivarti parsvakonasana
- Virbhadrasana one[/read]
(7) BALANCING ASANA[read more=”Click here to Read More” less=”Read Less”]
- Sirsana (head stand)
- Virbhadrasana three
- Ardha Chandrasana
- Vasisthasana side plank
(8) MUDRA[read more=”Click here to Read More” less=”Read Less”]
(9) BANDHA[read more=”Click here to Read More” less=”Read Less”]
- Mool Bandha[/read]
(3) KERYA[read more=”Click here to Read More” less=”Read Less”]
- Neti (Nasal cleansing)
- Kunjal Kriya (abdominal cleansing),
- Tratak (Psychic purification),
- Nauli (churning of abdominal muscles)
- Study of Sun-salutations and its variations[/read]
(2) Pranayama:- In this breathing regulation session yoga participants will study various pranayama as mention in hatha yoga pradepika. With scientific approach. How to use pranayama safe and secure way to maximize its health benefits as well as certain contraindications required to be keep in mind while practicing pranayama.
(3) Meditation Sessions: It is one of the biggest challenge we face as a yoga practicner that how to withdraw the senses from external world and divert them towards internal world and peace. During this course our expert we will share various tools and practices prescribed in ancient scriptures to limit modifications of mind stuff.[read more=”Read more” less=”Read less”] This will help participants to understand meditation and to find suitable meditation practice for them. Practices will include.
(4) Shatkarma Yogic Cleansing:- It is one of the important step towards learning yoga as yoga is about purity. Yogic shatkarma practices helps in detoxification.in this session participants will learn safe techniques, demonstration, practice, applications benefits and contraindications. Of following yogic cleansing practices under expert supervision.[read more=”Read more” less=”Read less”]
(5) Mantra Sessions:- Mantra is the special arrangements of Sanskrit alphabet when pronounced clearly produces a Special kind of sounds/energy. These sounds called as mantra. It may have meaning or may not have any meaning. By continuous recitations of that sound creates certain kind if energy field around us Mantra can be a tool for healing and protection .in our life. In many spiritual tradions manta chants are used to concentration and meditation.in mantra chant session we guide student step by step to pronounce various Sanskrit mantra correctly and also their meaning and purpose.
Part Three – Exam:- This is the third and final section of your 200 hours teacher training program. To be honest yoga is very vast diverse subject and it is very difficult to understand fully in short period of time .This section is not about to check your yoga skill but it is about to give you a platform for learning and sharing yoga
In this section you will be asked.
- Oral /written to express your own thoughts and understanding on yoga and its various practices.
- Conduct small asana and pranayama session to share your skills of teaching yoga with fellow participants under supervision of an experience teacher.
- Reciting of selected mantra and sutra.
This will help you to boost your self-confidence., refine your teaching skills as a yoga instructor and develop spiritual awareness.
Clients Feedback with Video
Make an Appointment
Like on Facebook
[efb_likebox fanpage_url=”yogateachertrainingcenter” box_width=”250″ box_height=”” locale=”en_US” responsive=”0″ show_faces=”1″ show_stream=”0″ hide_cover=”0″ small_header=”0″ hide_cta=”0″ animate_effect=”fadeIn” ]