Its many people dream to join yoga classes/courses to stay fit and fine but fail to join due to some misunderstanding of yoga. Many people think body flexibility is pre-request / pre-condition to start learning yoga. Many of us get this impression by watching some supermodel, athletic people or some extraordinary people’s posts on social media/yoga magazine, etc. We are not totally agreed with this idea.
Actually, yoga is not an athletic workout or any kind of sports. Yoga is an ancient art to bring balance in life and how to overcome the turbulence of life. Yoga is the time tested technique to rejuvenate body and mind. It is an effective way to address day to day challenges.
Here we are sharing the top ten reasons to practice yoga on a daily basis
- To be honest, yoga is for everyone no matter if you are old or young, male or female. Healthy or sick, it is the beauty of yoga that it can be adapted to individual needs and intention. So it’s not only good for athletic people or for people with slim or flexible body. It is equally useful for regular people with less or normal flexibility. The flexibility of mind is more important than the flexibility of the body.
- It is a safe practice. Yoga practice insists to develop self-awareness or self-observation which minimize any chances to get strain/ injuries it is not like other forms of exercise where you try to compete with others and might put a strain on your muscles, joints, heart, etc. Yoga insists to respect your body limitation and adapt yoga poses according to your level or health conditions.
- Yoga practice does not require any specific tools. It only required your willingness to practice. Yes, some props in yoga are helpful to make your practice more comfortable and easy but it is not a condition. Mainly you need a strong desire to learn and practice yoga That’s it.
- Yoga practice provides tremendous health benefits. Yoga postures (In the Sanskrit language called Asana) are designed to purify your body. Asana works on your various systems such as digestive system, endocrine system, respiratory system, etc and improves their functioning. As a result of purification, your body experiences lightness and your mind experiences tranquility.
- Yoga practice increases your energy level as well as it helps in proper channelization of prana (energy) which brings efficiency in your activities and helps in the management of stress and other health issues.
- Regular practice of yoga helps in regulating your respiration and improves the quality of your breathing as a result you breathe more deeply, and easily and rhythmically which in turns improves your physical and mental well being.
- Yoga practice brings sound sleep. As a result, you wake up refresh and energetic and ready to deal with the world again.
- Regular practice of yoga cultivates a positive attitude towards life, compassion for less fortunate, and motivate you to live more pure and healthy and meaning full life.
- You can start yoga practice even if you are going through the tough time of your life. Yoga practice brings instant benefits such as relief from stress, or Anxiety Yoga practice gives you hope and enthusiasm.
- Regular practice of yoga helps you to develop harmony and peace.